Friday, February 5, 2010

Some people say bible is good literature, is that even true?

moses came of the mountain with the ten commandments,and said they shall not kill.couple of pages later,they are killing,looting,and satan knows what else.the author seemed to have a short memorySome people say bible is good literature, is that even true?
I became a Christian in 2000. I read the New Testament that year, and I have read the whole Bible every year since then. (that's about 8 times at the end of this month, besides just what I read on the side). If that qualifies me or not, I don't know, but it seems to be more than most people have read it as far as I have experienced. To answer your question, the best parts of the Bible as far as literature are Genesis, Judges, Ruth, 1Samuel, Esther, Job (opening and closing chapters), Psalms, Proverbs, Song of Songs, Jonah, and basically all of the NT. The rest of the Bible is not quite entertaining if you don't believe the gospel. HOwever, if you do believe the gospel (that Jesus died in your place, to pay for your sins, and rose again), then the whole thing takes on a whole new level of meaning, and you can't put it down. Some people say bible is good literature, is that even true?
Of course, but it varies considerably because the Bible was written by so many different people in such different times. Something like 60% of the Old Testament is poetry, Paul was a master of the Greek art of persuasion, and the author of Hebrews had very polished Greek.
Revelation Chapter 22





6 And he said to me: These words are most faithful and true. And the Lord God of the spirits of the prophets sent his angel to show his servant the things which must be done shortly. 7 And: Behold I come quickly. Blessed is he that keepeth the words of the prophecy of this book. 8 And I, John, who have heard and seen these things. And, after I had heard and seen, I fell down to adore before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9 And he said to me: See thou do it not. For I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren the prophets and of them that keep the words of the prophecy of this book. Adore God. 10 And he saith to me: Seal not the words of the prophecy of this book. For the time is at hand.





I hope that answers your question.
It is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.



It's wonderful. Filled with drama and imagination, not to mention such wonderful characters! There's also a few important themes here and there too.









Fear of fire and brimstone to a 5-year old must be traumitizing,








and also, some people crap on other peoples front seats and think its a ';good joke';, doesn't mean it actually is.
what solly said :) if you read the hebrew bibile, ';tanak';, you'll find a masterfully written piece of literature.
No. It's so awful and boring that most Christians won't even read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment