Friday, February 5, 2010

I have heard that there are only seven basic plots in literature, is this true?

All my life I've heard that there are only seven basic plots in storytelling, and I was wondering if this was true, and if so, what are they? Also, could I get some examples of each plot point?





Thanks a lot, I love to expand my knowledge of literature.I have heard that there are only seven basic plots in literature, is this true?
huh, i would guess...


adventure


romance


revenge


death


mystery


morality


sanity/insanity





this is only guessingI have heard that there are only seven basic plots in literature, is this true?
It is true. I don't remember all of them, though. I know there's a book that says what they are. I think it's called ';The Seven Plots of Literature'; or something...


One I see the most is:


Boy meets Girl. Boy falls in love with Girl. Boy looses Girl. Boy gets Girl back.


That's the basis for every romantic comedy.


Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...
  • adult myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment